Lolly Cake

Lolly cake or lolly log is a New Zealand type of no bake cake which contains “lollies” (sweets / candies) as its main ingredient. These lollies used are Eskimo Lollies or Fruit Puffs which basically are firm and chewy marshmallows. These sweet are then combined with a crushed malt biscuits with melted butter and condensed milk then formed into logs and refrigerated to set.

Lolly Cake

Serves: 10-12
  • 120g Butter, melted
  • 250g Malt Biscuits or Graham Crackers, crushed
  • 200g Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 190g Eskimo lollies or Fruit Puffs
  • Desiccated Coconut
  1. Slice Eskimo lollies into bite sized pieces.
  2. In a bowl combine butter, condensed milk, malt biscuits and lollies.
  3. Place combined mixture over a sheet of cling wrap then form it into a shape of log.
  4. Sprinkle coconut all-over the logs then seal the cling wrap.
  5. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until set.
  6. Slice and serve with coffee or tea.

Lolly Cake Wide

1. Karen says:

Sweet and colorful…I can see this being a popular treat.

2. elizz says:

no eskimo lollies here in the philippines.. what’s my best alternative? is it okay to use regular marshmallows?

My kids would love these – a dessert with marshmallow-like candy! It wouldn’t last long in our fridge. 🙂

4. Michelle says:

What’s not to like? 😉

5. Damn delicious!
    lovely recipe Ray……

6. Sammie says:

What a cute dessert! This would make so many children and adults happy 😀

7. I can just imagine how good that would taste ! Forget kids in the house, adults would love it too !

8. Wow! When I see these amazing colours and that wonderful concoction of biscuit, chocolate and decadence wrapped around the lollies, I can tell this is one of those must try recipes! I’ve only just returned from overseas, but I can tell I’ll have to lift my baking or no-bake game now!

Big Yum!

9. I am obsessed with how delicious and amazing this lolly cake is! I must recreate the recipe!

10. I adore lolly cake! It has always been a favorite of mine 🙂 I am so happy to have just discovered your blog! I clicked onto FoodEpix to submit a photo and saw this beautiful lolly cake. I’m a fellow New Zealand based food blogger 🙂

11. I feel like this is a perfect treat for the coming holidays! Awesome! 🙂