Sour Cream and Chives Twice Baked Potatoes
Do you love mashed potatoes and baked potatoes but getting tired of them? Are you looking for new ideas on how to prepare your potatoes? Well try this mash up of both your favourites for a change, it’s a baked potato but it is also a mashed potato, twice baked flavoured with sour cream and chives. It goes well with grilled meats and tangy salads.
- 5 medium russet potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Pierce potatoes with fork all over the surface then rub it with oil and salt. Place in a baking tray and bake for 45 minute in a 200C preheated oven.
- Remove potatoes from oven then cut the top part off, using a spoon scoop out the potatoes leaving a 1 cm thick layer to be used later as its container.
- Place scooped out potatoes in a container then mix it together with sour cream, milk, butter and chives. Roughly mash the potatoes leaving small chunks in the mixture then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place mixture back in to the potato skins then place it back in the oven and bake for 20 more minutes.