Black Forest Cheesecake
So far of all the cheesecakes I made here at Ang Sarap this is my favourite, the Black Forest Cheesecake. I love the combination of flavours of the already tried and tested combination of Black Forest, the sweet attempting this in a cream cheese cake makes it even better.
Making it look good is very easy as well, I know it looks intimidating from the photos but really you don’t need some serious skills in designing them like how icings are piped into a cake, you just need to scatter the fresh cherries on top then arrange the dark chocolate bark like the one on the photo above. Look at the result it’s so food porn worthy, don’t you agree?
If you want to impress your other half then try this one out, it’s quite simple to make, no baking involved and it uses fresh ingredients canned cherries. Trust me effort is minimal but the results are strikingly phenomenal.
- 2 packed cups pitted fresh cherries
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- fresh cherries, unpitted with stems
- 3 packs 225g cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups thickened cream or whipped cream, chilled
- 4 tsp unflavoured gelatine
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp cream
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp cream
- Combine all ingredients and make sure its mixed well and butter is evenly spread throughout the crushed Oreos, press it in a 9 in pie pan.
- Chill in fridge for around 20 minutes.
- Place all ingredients except for the unpitted fresh cherries in a saucepan and using a hand blender blend ingredients together. Turn heat to medium then let the mixture boil, simmer in very low heat for 5 minutes.
- Set aside and let it cool down before using.
- In a double boiler add dark chocolate and cream. Once melted pour on top of a baking sheet then cover it with another baking sheet, flatten with a rolling pin then roll baking sheet (like storing a document into a cylinder container)
- Place in the freezer until it hardens.
- Remove from freezer then unroll, this will crack the chocolate and form into barks. Set aside in a cool place.
- Place softened cream cheese in a bowl together with sugar and vanilla extract, now using an electric mixer beat the cheese until thoroughly mixed.
- Dissolve gelatine in hot water then let it cool for a while. Once cooled down add into the cream cheese mixture, continue to beat until mixture becomes fluffy.
- Now add thickened cream and fold until it’s evenly mixed. Now separate ⅓ of the mixture into another bowl. Set all aside.
- In double boiler combine dark chocolate and cream together, once melted and smooth pour chocolate in the ⅔rds of prepared cream cheese mixture then mix well.
- Pour over the prepared crust in layers, first half of the chocolate cream cheese, then the plain cream cheese then the remaining chocolate cream cheese.
- Then top it with the cherry sauce and fresh cherries. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
- Stick the chocolate bark on the cheesecake then serve.