Sliced Tenderloin Steak in Butter Sauce

Steak as long as you cook it properly can’t go wrong you just need to choose the proper sauce that can come along with it like gravies, cheese sauces, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and this simple butter sauce that gives a garlicky creamy touch. To have the full flavour beef is sliced into smaller bite size pieces which effectively coats each piece giving each bite a fuller flavour.

Sliced Tenderloin Steak in Butter Sauce

Serves: 3
  • 3 pcs 150 g tenderloin steak cuts
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • 2 tbsp cream
  • 2 tsp flour
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • salt
  • freshly ground black pepper
  • oil
  1. Generously season tenderloin steak cuts with salt and freshly ground black pepper then let it rest for 15 minutes in room temperature.
  2. Place a heavy skillet in high heat then add a bit of oil, place steak and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet then let it rest for 5 minutes in a plate.
  3. Slice the beef tenderloin pieces into bite sized cubes, reserve any liquid that comes out of it.
  4. In a large sauce pan add butter and minced garlic, cook in low heat while agitating the sauce pan by moving it back and forth into the flame. Once garlic turns light brown gently sift the flour using a small sieve above the pan into the garlic butter mixture, mix to combine then add the reserved liquid from beef and cream, continue to cook for a minute or two in low heat until sauce becomes thick.
  5. Add the sliced beef and mix it together with the butter sauce, remove from pan then serve.

1. What a decadent dish – my husband would love this.
    Have a super day Raymund.
    🙂 Mandy xo

2. kitchenriffs says:

What a simple, tasty dish! I love this! Thanks so much.

3. This looks incredible! I can’t wait to try it. 🙂

4. Dear Raymund,

A good piece of beef cooked with butter is decadence I love.

What a great looking bowl of meat! So easy making it a great dish for summer because you don’t have to heat up the kitchen for very long, Thanks Raymund!

6. great way to serving a party meals, even i personally prefer it in individual portion
    i’m affraid i’m not stopping digging it, lol

7. Donna says:

What is cream? Cream cheese, whipping cream what?

8. Jennifer says:

I added blue cheese crumbles to the sauce. It was AMAZING!!!!

9. Cristy says:

Hi! This looks great! Would it be acceptable to substitute half & half for the cream? I only ask because I always have half & half on hand. Thanks!!

10. shelly says:

This was so good! I used a New York strip steak and it was so tender and flavorful. My whole family loved it!!

11. Nancy R says:

Hey there! Made this tonight, it’s very yummy. But I think I did something wrong… When I added the flour, cream, and reserved liquid, it started thicken into clusters. Didn’t turn into a smooth, thick, cream sauce (as the photo shows). Followed the directions exactly, any thoughts on where this might’ve happened? 🙂 just curious!

• Raymund says:

My guess is that the flour was added in tsps rather than gently sprinkling similar to sifting also you might have added it after all the liquids. Apologies if I haven’t clarified it in the steps, I indicated it clearly now.

• Nicole R. says:

We had the same problem with the sauce as well. Could it be that the key is to keep stirring while adding those ingredients?

• Raymund says:

Yup your correct, you also need to add the liquid slowly.

• Kathy says:

You can probably try adding the flour to the cream first and stir with a spoon until it is creamy without lumps. Then add your juice from slicing the meat to the cream. When you add this to your pan drippings, add it slow while stirring. Use a flat bottom spoon.

12. zgirl21 says:

I served this to my husband and daughter tonight – it was so good I had to stop myself from just standing over the stove and scarfing it directly out of the pan with my fingers. And I don’t even like steak.

13. liz says:

Can I use whipping cream

14. Minna says:

Looks delicious! For three servings is it 150 grams of steak altogether or three pieces that are 150 grams each?

15. Kathy says:

Can I just use milk?

16. April says:

What do you suggest as complimentary side dishes?

17. ajsantry77@gmail.com says:

How well done is the steak supposed to be?

18. Mihaela says:

made this and didn´t came out like in the picture.the sauce was very tick and the color of a carbonara sauce. i made this out of 900 g of meat and adjusted the ingredients ..maybe i didn´t converted very well, but can you please tell me the ingredients in g and ml for the cream.i really want to make this right, looks very good 🙂

• Raymund says:

The colour comes from the grilled beef, the charred parts give it that brown colour. For the cream 2 tbsp is roughly 30ml, if you find it this just add a bit of water, it all depends on how much liquid your beef will have after resting but good fresh ones usually will give a lot. Also do not over cook the beef. Hopefully this helps

19. Inater says:

WHat kind of cream is used

20. Cherish says:

When you reserve liquids from the meat does that also include the oil you cooked it in? Thank you.

21. Hannah says:

Absolutely decadent! It’s now a favorite with my SO and I!

22. Stef says:

I made this tonight and will definitely be making it again! Beautiful flavour. Thanks for posting such a wonderful recipe!

23. Ron Winser says:

I do a deer tender loin brown on all sides.But do it rare. I than slice about 1 half in. Than go from there.

24. Haley says:

Would it be okay if I used canned milk instead of cream?

• Raymund says:

Yes you can use canned milk (evaporated milk) but the taste will be different, I bet they will still taste good. You can also substitute it with half and half or full cream milk if you wish but it would be less richer in taste.

25. Kp says:

Can i use cream cheese instead of cream? I only have cream cheese at the moment no time to stop by the store… lol

26. Jessica says:

Hi Raymund, I made this dish tonight and it was delicious ! I served the meat with White Rice (I wasnt in the mood for potatoes) and Roasted Lemon Garlic Broccoli. It accompanied the meat really well. My only concern was that when i made the sauce it was a little too thick so it almost seemed more like a gravy rather than a sauce. Either way it was delish ! Thanks for the recipe

1. October 3, 2014