When I tried this recipe I was surprised, it was so damn tasty the umami flavour lingers in your mouth it becomes so addictive, honestly I can replace any chicken soup with this one. What good is that this is not just delicious, it’s healthy and very easy to prepare all you need to do is dump them into the pot. You don’t believe me, I dare you then to try it out first.
- 8 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms
- 75 g fresh enoki mushrooms or 400 g can enoki mushrooms (drained)
- 1 block soft tofu, cubed
- 100 g vermicelli noodles
- 6 in strip Kombu
- 5 cups chicken stock (For vegetarians you can use a good vegetable stock)
- 1½ cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp yellow miso paste
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp sake
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- sea salt
- Place dried shiitake mushrooms in a mug then fill it up with 1 cup of boiling water. Set it aside for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are fully rehydrated. Remove mushrooms from mug then thinly slice them, set aside and reserve soaking liquid.
- In a pot combine together soaking liquid, chicken stock, Kombu, soy sauce, yellow miso paste, mirin and sake then bring it to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes in low heat.
- Add sliced shiitake mushrooms, enoki mushrooms and vermicelli, bring back to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tofu then simmer for 3 more minutes. Season with sea salt if needed.
- Scoop in bowls then serve with hot, garnish with spring onions.
You can buy your Yellow Miso in Amazon, here are some links