Yay! Another milestone at Ang Sarap.
It’s been 4 years now since it all started and to celebrate this anniversary this whole week I will be posting my own creations mashed up with another popular food brand. If you have been following this blog for quite some time this mash up will be something similar to one of my popular posts, the Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake which basically is a cheesecake using Ferrero Rocher, Nutella and Oreo’s.
So today we will be making some Toblerone brownies, I guess the name already suggests what it is made of but if it’s not obvious enough this treat is a mash up of brownies and the popular triangular Swiss chocolate. This brownies will contain Toblerone bits but to even make it taste and look like Toblerone I will be adding nougat, honey and almonds then slice it in triangles.
- ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup chopped almonds
- ⅓ cup chopped nougat
- ⅓ cup Toblerone, chopped
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cream
- 1 tsp honey
- 1½ tbsp butter, softened
- 1½ tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- In a small bowl beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add honey and vanilla then beat until well incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix in low speed.
- Sift together flour, cocoa and salt then fold into the butter mixture.
- Mix in the Toblerone, almond and nougat then pour batter into a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Place in a 180C pre-heated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let it cool then top with chocolate honey frosting. Cut into triangles then serve.
- In a small bowl mix all Chocolate Honey Frosting ingredients add more milk if needed, it should be spreadable. Once smooth in consistency spread it on top of brownies.