Pork, Shiitake and Edamame in Coconut Cream Sauce
Several days ago I did not know what I wanted to cook, it was nearly weekend and we haven’t planned anything to prepare that day so what I have on my freezer are leftover ingredients. I was thinking of doing some free style cooking but when I do that it usually ends up in something stir fried, fried rice or a noodle dish, we will be changing that hence I made this coconut curry dish made out of pork, shiitake and edamame.
- 600 g pork belly, cubed
- 5 pcs shiitake mushrooms
- 10 pcs button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot add oil then brown pork pieces on all sides.
- Remove from pot then sauté garlic, ginger paste and shallots.
- Bring the pork back the pot then add two cups of coconut milk, bring it to a boil then simmer in medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the two cups of remaining coconut milk, mushroom, edamame and cayenne pepper. Bring to a light boil then continue to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with rice.