Asian Style Chicken Zucchini and Peanuts
Several months ago we dined it at Barilla dumpling here in Auckland, we definitely loved their dumplings but one dish also stood out and it was this diced chicken stir fried with peanuts, zucchini and carrots. I still remember my daughter endlessly munching on them together with the steaming hot dumplings, it is one of those few moments I see her seriously eating in a restaurant that she didn’t even bothered to talk to us.
Today I we will be recreating that dish and after searching Google what it might be called again it gives me no luck so I will recreate them based on memory and here’s how I’ve done it.
- 500 g chicken thighs fillets, diced
- 2 medium sized carrots, diced
- 2 pcs zucchini, diced
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 3 stalks spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- fish sauce
- ground white pepper
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and chicken stock, mix until smooth then set aside.
- Place wok in medium heat then add oil, add raw peanuts and stir fry for 3 minutes or until cooked. Remove peanuts from wok then set aside.
- Add the ginger and spring onions, stir fry until fragrant.
- Drain chicken with excess water drawn by the salt, place in the wok then turn heat to high. Stir fry for 8 minutes.
- Add the carrots, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the peanuts and zucchini and stir fry for a minute.
- Pour chicken stock mixture and sesame oil, bring to a boil then season with fish sauce and ground white pepper, mix to evenly distribute sauce then serve.