Lechon Fried Rice
When we are talking about lechon leftovers first thing that comes to mind would be Lechon Paksiw but there are other things that you can do with that scraps of roasted pig, you can use it as a filling for pita breads or even use it as a main ingredient in your fried rice like this recipe that we are going to post today. While this works well with leftover Lechon Kawali the spit roasted Lechon can also be used provided you deep fry the meat pieces first to have that crunchy texture.
- 5 cups cold leftover rice
- 2 cups leftover Lechon Kawali or Roasted Lechon
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ½ cup green peas
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cloves garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
- If you are using white meat from the roasted lechon, deep fry it first to have a crispy texture.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and sauté until it turns golden brown.
- Add the leftover meats then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and corn, bring heat to high and continue to stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the peas then stir fry for 2 more minutes.
- Push the rice on the sides of the wok to make a well in the middle then pour the eggs, cook eggs until nearly dry then quickly mix it with the rice mixture.
- Add the spring onions stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Season salt and freshly ground black pepper.