Greek salad or Horiatiki as the name suggests is a popular salad in Greek cuisine. Usually this salad is made out of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese, and olives dressed with olive oil then seasoned with salt and oregano. A staple dish in Greece where it is commonly served with pita bread and an ice cold drink.
- ½ cucumber, sliced thick and cut into half
- 2 pcs large tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup dozen kalamata olives
- 100g feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- ½ green capsicum (bell pepper), sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place all dressing ingredients together in a bowl then whisk to combine.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad then toss gently, Serve.