Zucchini Bread is a type of a quick bread using zucchini or what we call courgettes in New Zealand as its main ingredient. It follows the same principle of how a banana bread or pumpkin breads are made so it’s really simple and a good recipe for beginners to start with.
I remember my mom used to make these before and the thought of using zucchini in a sweet bread makes me think twice whether I will eat it or not. But there is always a first time and that first time I tried it was an eye opener, I was so surprised as taste is so much different from my expectation, it was surprisingly good. I guess if we are calculating the difference between expectation and reality this by far has one of the biggest disparity.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 packed cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Using a hand mixer beat together eggs, oil, vanilla, and both sugars in a large bowl until texture is creamy
- Add the flour into the creamed mixture, mix well until smooth in texture.
- Add the zucchini and walnut, distribute evenly.
- Pour into two 8 x 4 greased bread pans or equivalent then bake in a 165C preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let it cool down in room temperature for 30 minutes prior to serving.