Grilled Squid and Rocket Salad
Its spring now here in New Zealand buy its still cold anyways there’s no stopping me from having a salad in a cold day if I am craving for it that is why today we will be making one, the Grilled Squid and Rocket Salad.
I saw this on TV a couple of months ago and kept the recipe so I can make it when the weather changes, it’s so simple yet a really tasty salad and here’s how it’s done.
- 2 squid tubes, scored and sliced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Bunch of rocket leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season squid with salt and pepper, apply a little bit of oil then grill them until cooked
- Place avocadoes, tomatoes and rocket leaves in a salad bowl then toss to mix.
- Mix together olive oil, fish sauce, brown sugar, garlic clove and lemon juice.
- Place squid on top of tossed salad then drizzle dressing on top