Sizzling Teriyaki Squid
Filipinos love grilled and sizzling dishes, in fact if I can remember there are heaps of restaurants back in my home country that offer their dishes on a sizzling plate from classic dishes like Sisig, beef steaks, grilled chicken, pork chops, fish and this dish Sizzling Teriyaki Squid. A simple dish made out of grilled squid served on a rich teriyaki sauce, it can be enjoyed as a mains or even matched with an ice cold beer as a side dish.
- 2 large fresh squid with tentacles, cleaned and scored
- toasted sesame seeds
- In a sauce pan mix all ingredients together except for the cornstarch and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add cornstarch mixture, simmer until the consistency is thick.
- Remove ginger and onion from the sauce, and then set aside.
- Prepare a sizzling plate by placing it on stove top on high heat.
- Cook squid in a grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove sizzling plate from the stove top.
- Place squid on sizzling plate then pour sauce on top. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds then serve while sizzling hot.