Salt and Pepper Squid
So far if were talking about the reward to effort ratio I guess this recipe will easily win it without a doubt, it’s so simple enough it only contains 4 main ingredients and preparation time is next to none. You don’t have to order this at your favourite Chinese restaurant anymore when you master the process on how this is prepared which I will be sharing to you below.
- 5 pcs squid tubes, sliced (you can make a pineapple cut so it absorbs more flavour)
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- red chillies, sliced
- oil for deep frying
- Prepare a large wok, add oil and place in high heat.
- In a large container that you can tightly cover mix together cornstarch, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add sliced squid then cover container, shake it to evenly coat the squid inside.
- When the oil is very hot (not smoking) drop squid pieces small batches at a time, cook for a maximum of 2 minutes. Be careful squid will splatter as it contains a lot of water.
- Remove from wok, then place on a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil. Toss some chopped chillies on top while hot then transfer into a serving dish.
- Consume while hot, you can add more salt or black pepper to suit your taste.
Buy fresh squid as much as possible