Figs and Toasted Almonds Baked Brie
A colleague of mine who once in a while shares her gardens produce had given me again another fruit and this time it was figs. When I went back home, I was thinking it was quite a challenge as I don’t use this fruit a lot in my cooking but I remembered I tried baked cheese before where figs was involved so this is what I am going to do. Basically this recipe is really simple to make and good to serve on cocktail parties, melting cheese, nutty almonds and sweet figs isn’t that a good combination? Well up to you to find out.
- 125g round Brie
- 2 pcs figs, quartered
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- In a sauce pan add water, sugar, figs and vanilla. Cook in low heat for 10 minutes or until figs are soft.
- Add almonds then mix to distribute evenly.
- Pour mixture on top of brie cheese then bake in 165C preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite crackers.