Broccoli with Garlic Sauce

Want an easy and simple way of cooking your broccoli? I guess there is nothing as simple yet flavourful way of cooking it than this Chinese dish, broccoli in garlic infused sauce. It may not look as fancy as other Chinese dishes but this packs a lot of flavour and goodness, all you need is rice.

Broccoli with Garlic Sauce

Serves: 3 (as a side dish)
  • 1 head broccoli, separated into florets
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • ¼ cup water
  • 2 tsp cornstarch
  • sesame oil
  • salt
  • oil
  1. Place wok in high heat then add salt and enough water for cooking broccoli. Once boiling drop broccoli florets and cook for 1 minute. Remove from wok then rinse with running cold water, drain.
  2. Using the same wok, add oil then sauté garlic.
  3. Add chicken stock.
  4. Mix together cornstarch and water then pour into the wok.
  5. Once sauce is thick in consistency add the broccoli in then turn heat off.
  6. Drizzle sesame oil on top then season with salt. Serve.

1. Such a simple recipe that keeps the flavour of broccoli intact! I am going to try it this weekend. 🙂

2. Karen says:

Simple but delicious.

3. Denise Browning says:

Raymund: This broccoli with garlic looks fantastic as every single dish that you make…

4. Simply delicious.
    🙂 Mandy

5. Nami | Just One Cookbook says:

My kids love broccoli. I would love this garlic sauce! It’s a nice way to change up my broccoli repertoire!

6. Broccoli was one of my favorite veggies growing up. That and spring peas.

7. I love the combo of broccoli and garlic. This looks sensational – thanks so much.

8. Eha says:

Interesting order of cooking I surely want to try! Love broccoli and the garlic add-on is a given 🙂 !

9. Sounds delicious. You even got my attention with 6 cloves of garlic. Wow, even by Bam’s Kitchen standards, you might have me beat. So how many heads of garlic do you go through in a week? LOL… Happy cooking and take care, BAM

10. will definitely try it! thanks for sharing

11. kiran says:

You can never go wrong with broccoli and garlic. Loads of it 😀

12. Alex says:

Saved for next time I’m cooking broccoli. I usually just boil them in water: shame on me.

13. Jerry Ko says:

A wonderful way to make broccoli. Simple and delicious 🙂

Anything cooked with a garlic sauce gets my vote! I’m not big on broccoli, but I would definitely eat this dish!

15. Some of the simplest things are the best.