Watermelon and Haloumi Salad
One of the best cheeses you will ever taste is Haloumi specially when freshly fried or grilled, the mozzarella like texture of inside and semi crispy outer layer combined with its salty taste is something to drool for. Just on its own is already a treat but for this instance we will be using it in a summer salad and match it with sweet watermelons and grilled tomatoes which further accentuates the flavours of each other.
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes
- 200g Haloumi cheese, sliced
- ½ small watermelon, sliced into triangles
- roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Brush grill with oil then grill haloumi and tomatoes until charring occurs. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Arrange watermelon, grilled haloumi, grilled tomatoes and chopped basil in a dish.
- Mix together olive oil and garlic then drizzle over salad. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.