Minced Pork and Bean Curd Sheets in Oyster Sauce

I found some leftover dried bean curd sheets in our cupboard and was thinking what I can do with it. I continued to look on for other ingredients and we have some extra minced pork in the freezer. As I was planning what to do I remembered there is this dish in Malaysia that I tried which has this two ingredients, I cannot remember what else was there so I will just do some freestyle cooking today based on that memory. Oyster sauce and some chillies would be a good base so let’s start.

Minced Pork and Bean Curd Sheets in Oyster Sauce

• Dried Red Chillies, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • Peanut Oil
  1. Heat up a wok using a very high heat
  2. Add oil and sauté garlic and chillies
  3. Add the pork and continue to stir fry on really high heat for 3 minutes.
  4. Add cooking wine, water, oyster sauce, sugar, soy sauce and continue mixing.
  5. Add bean curd sheets then cover and simmer in low heat for 15 minutes, add water if necessary.
  6. Add the sesame oil, give it a good mix then turn heat off.
  7. Serve garnished with lots of spring onions

No Responses

1. thammelissa says:

Love this dish. So yummy!

2. Maite Rocha says:

Can you tell me a substitute for Chinese cooking wine? I live in Spain, and this is not available. Thanks!

3. Gourmantine says:

I can’t believe how quick this dish is, I’m not a huge fan of pork, I wonder whether it would work the same with beef?

4. Caroline says:

I love working with ingredients already on hand. And wow, you were able to create quite the gourmet dish! Sounds and looks awesome.

5. It’s always good to have minced pork in the freezer! You never know when it will come in handy – like with this dish. Looks really terrific! Nice flavors, good stuff – thanks.

6. peachkins says:

First time I’ve heard of bean curd sheets…

7. Michelle says:

That looks wonderful! I’m on a quest for good tofu skin. Our local Asian markets (except one really sketchy one) don’t seem to carry it. 🙁

8. I’ve never used bean curd sheets before but have eaten them a lot. Good to know they can be forgotten about in the cupboard. This makes them a healthy ingredient for doomsday (no fresh food) cooking. The flavours you have used are very comforting to me. I’d love this dish on some egg noodles a bowl of rice or even some hot congee.

9. Way to go on creating a beautiful dish while cleaning ou the inventory. Some of the best dishes are invented this way. I have not used dry bean curd from the markets but usually use the fresh. I have however eaten it in restaurants in hot pot and it is quite nice. Take care, BAM

10. wok with ray says:

Never had bean curd sheets before. It should be like tofu, right? It adapts to almost any sauce and ingredients you mix with it like this delicious minced pork and oyster sauce. 🙂

I’ve never seen been curd sheets before, I’ll have to keep an eye out next time I’m at one of the big Asian markets. Seems like it’d be an excellent addition to a lot of different recipes.