Ham and Cheese Bread Rolls
My wife loves making these when we were younger but since then she never makes it anymore until one day several weeks ago she called me to have merienda. That day I was working on building a retaining wall in our backyard and was so tired but when she told me there was Ham and Cheese Bread Rolls I feel like I regained my strength just from hearing about it. I immediately went back inside and indulge in this treat while it’s still hot (yes before that I took pictures), hungry as I am I think I ate five or six of these together with a big glass of ice cold coke. Now I have the energy again to finish the job!
- Flatten each piece of sliced bread, place ham and cheese on top then roll it tightly. Set aside seam side down to prevent it from opening. Do it with the remaining bread.
- Place eggs in a shallow container.
- Place bread crumbs in another shallow container.
- Dip bread rolls in eggs then into the bread crumbs.
- Add enough oil into a frying pan to cover surface then fry bread rolls seam down using medium heat. Once one side turns golden brown turn bread around and brown the current side. Once all sides are golden brown remove from pan and place in a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Slice diagonally in half, serve while hot.