White Chocolate and Macadamia Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce
Every Christmas it is a tradition in our household to serve cheesecake during the Noche Buena. It started many years ago when I had my first Christmas with my wife, what I usually serve during those days was the blueberry cheesecake which is my specialty. It was a solid recipe and it never let me down when someone requests for it but I think I need to experiment more and introduce new flavours that can equally compete with my specialty. As a result of that experimentation the mixed fresh berries and the Ferrero Rocher cheesecake was introduced into our collection and all of them were a big hit at home, with friends as well as online where I got a lot of favourable responses from fans and readers.
Today I am in the mood in creating another one and it was inspired by a cake we so loved when we lived in Malaysia, the white chocolate macadamia cake of Secret Recipe. So like the cake counterpart its main flavours will come from macadamia and white chocolates and to add some awesomeness to it a drizzle of caramel sauce to top it all up and here is the result.
we will be making another great flavour which we tried on cakes but never in a cheesecake yet, the white chocolate macadamia.
- 2 cups crushed Graham crackers
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2½ packs cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2½ cups thickened cream or whipped cream, chilled
- 4 tsp unflavoured gelatine
- 2 tbsp hot water
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup roasted unsalted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- caramel sauce
- roasted unsalted whole macadamias nuts
- roughly chopped roasted unsalted macadamia nuts
- Combine all ingredients and make sure it’s mixed well and butter is evenly spread throughout the crushed crackers, press it in a 9 in pie pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 10 minutes (this makes the crust more firm, but you can omit this process if you wanted to)
- Chill in fridge for around 20 minutes.
- Place softened cream cheese and sugar in a bowl together; using an electric mixer beat the cheese until thoroughly mixed and creamy.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler then mix this together with the cream cheese mixture
- Dissolve gelatine in hot water then let it cool for a while. Once cooled down add into the cream cheese mixture, continue to beat until mixture becomes fluffy.
- Now add thickened cream and chopped roasted unsalted macadamia nuts then fold until it’s evenly mixed.
- Pour over the prepared crust.
- Top it with whole and chopped roasted unsalted macadamia. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
- Before serving drizzle caramel sauce and chocolate shavings on top then serve.