Pork Roast with Mushroom Gravy
If you had frozen your pork roast leftovers then the last 2 posts would not be a good option for you as those are best for leftover pork roast which is in between a day up to a maximum of two days old, any older than that the meat would dried up and it would not taste good. This post would only be your best bet as it brings back the moisture lost. It is a popular dish in buffets in the Philippines and its called roast in mushroom gravy, commonly beef is used but for today we will be using those pork today leftovers we still have.
This dish is not just excellent in using the leftover pork; it even uses the left over gravy.
- 700 g leftover pork roast, sliced
- 1 cup leftover gravy
- 1 cup cream of mushroom
- 1½ cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium sized white onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a heavy pan, add butter then sauté onions until soft.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a minute.
- Add the gravy, cream of mushroom and roast pork, bring to a boil then simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.