Peach Mango Pie
Peach mango pie is a dessert made out of baked flaky pastry filled with mangoes and peaches, a dessert popularized by a Filipino fast food chain called “Jollibee” as an answer to McDonalds “apple pie”. Though it’s popularized by a Filipino fast food chain I am unsure if this dessert originated in the Philippines but as far as I know I haven’t seen such pie flavour in countries I have visited.
In my opinion I prefer this over apple pie though I may be biased as peach and mangoes are my favourite fruits, the flavours of this two fruits together is simply phenomenal. The sweet and tangy flavour and the soft texture in a warm pasty is just something to crave for. As a tip if you want to make one at home do make sure the top pasty is lattice so it would not puff up and filling would dry out and stick together.
- 2 pcs ready-made flaky pastry sheet
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups sliced mangoes
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp flour
- juice from 1 lemon
- In a mixing bowl combine peaches, mangoes, lemon juice, sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Line the pie pan with first flaky sheet.
- Pour fruit mixture in the lined pie pan.
- Slice strips of dough from the remaining pastry sheet then arrange it on top of pie pan in lattice pattern.
- Brush top with beaten egg.
- Bake in a 190C preheated oven for 45 minutes or until crust turns golden brown.