Salmon and Potato Cakes
If you have some leftover salmon and mashed potatoes this is the best recipe you can make out of it, Salmon and potato cakes.
This dish is a simple recipe made out of mashed potatoes and salmon, which can be leftovers, fresh, canned or even smoked salmon for a bolder flavour. It can be enjoyed as a snack, side or pair it with your favourite salad.
- 250g cooked salmon, flaked (smokes, leftover, canned or fresh)
- 1½ cups mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- In a bowl mix together salmon, mashed potatoes, parsley, onions, egg and flour. Season it with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Form into patties then roll in in bread crumbs.
- Add oil in a pan then pan fry each piece around 4 minutes on each side.