Butter Garlic Mussels

Butter Garlic Mussels

As I have already mentioned before, I only knew few recipes for mussels that is why I always take every opportunity to learn a new one and do my own version. Usually served as an entree with bread on the side for some (not to mention with a glass of wine), this is yet another quick and easy way recipe for mussels.

Try it! Surely you will love this simple concoction.

2 kg fresh green lipped mussels
1/3 cup butter
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp oyster sauce
freshly ground black pepper

1. Place mussels in a deep pot and add 1 cup of water. Bring it to a boil and cook for 5 minutes or until all shells open up.
  2. Remove mussels from pot then let it cool.
  3. Separate mussels from their shells then set them aside.
  4. Place a pan in medium heat then add butter. Once melted add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
  5. Add mussels and oyster sauce then mix until sauce is evenly distributed.
  6. Remove from pan then season with freshly ground black pepper.

1. thammelissa says:

This looks simple and delicious. Well…I hope to try the recipe soon 😉

2. Zo Zhou says:

Mmm, simple perfection. Butter, garlic and soy sauce is also pretty delicious, but dang, oyster sauce would really up it a notch!

3. samology says:

Really delicious looking!!! Oyster is one of my favourite seafood!!

4. nors says:

Sarap pulitan….. Inom na tayo sa target…

5. Villy says:

Wow! Delicious!

6. Ooh this sounds so good! I love anything with garlic 🙂

You know I love mussels!!!! The oyster sauce sounds like a fantastic ingredient to add to these. I’m going to try that next time for sure. 🙂

8. Simply Tia says:

This looks awesome!! Butter + garlic + shellfish = Heaven

9. Although I’m not a big mussles fan (I eat only 1-2 pieces of it, and I’m done), I can use this same recipe for other clams I think. It’s simple and delicious. I’ve never tried one with oyster sauce!

10. Joanne Ozug says:

OMG YUM! I love how glossy and buttery the mussels look.

11. Mussels are my favorite and pairing it with butter and garlic is a combination that just works. 😀

12. very simple recipe but it sounds deliciously rich!

13. Look at the meat in those mussels. Awesome!

14. Like you, I tend to stick to my tried and tested recipes for mussels but I will be giving this a go next time I get some as I adore oyster sauce!

15. I love how simple this recipe is, but I bet it is delicious!!!

16. I am with you, always ready to learn a new recipe for Mussels…
    This looks so good, simple and elegant…
    Beautifully done.

somehow, if it’s not cooked with the shells, i dont find it that appetizing anymore.. that’s weird..

18. Kim says:

I usually eat them with lemon juice, pepper and salt 🙂 You should try that, because it’s very easy to prepare and good at the same time”

19. spicegirlfla says:

Wow…I could so enjoy a platter of these!! What better way than with butter and garlic!!

20. Lovely! I cooked mussels last week using one of New Zealand’s most natural relishes – they were delicous! So quick to make – and yours, with all that garlic! What’s not to love?

I’m not the biggest mussels fan but these look simply gorgeous. Super meaty.

Don’t forget some crusty bread to mop up that lovely sauce !

23. Hi! I just want to give you a big thank you for this recipe. I stumbled on it while looking for a new way to prepare mussels and I am absolutely in love with this dish. I’ve made twice already and it is now a certified family favorite. In fact, I just featured in my food blog. Again, thank you! 🙂