Stir Fried French Beans, Carrots and Pork

Stir Fried French Beans, Carrots and Pork

Since most of you guys had started to recognize my stir-fries lets do another one or better yet let’s do it for this whole week, what do you think?

Well let’s start this week with this recipe which only consists of 3 main ingredients namely French beans, carrots and guess what? Pork belly of course. This dish is then flavoured with pork fat from the belly, soy sauce and a bit of brown sugar which gives it a bit of contrasting and rich flavours which is good to pair with freshly steamed rice.

300g French beans, sliced
300g pork belly, cubed in small pieces
1 large carrot, sliced
1 large white onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp soy sauce (adjust according to saltiness of soy sauce, I used the Philippine soy sauce if you can’t find it use Kikkoman)
2 tsp brown sugar
1 cup water
salt
freshly ground black pepper
oil

1. Marinate pork pieces in salt and pepper for at least 30 minutes.
  2. In a wok under high heat add water and pork, cover wok then bring to a boil. Reduce liquid until it is roughly 1/2 cup, separate liquid from pork then set the stock aside. Continue to cook the pork until it releases its own oil (this is why we need belly as it has a high fat content), cook until brown and crispy on the outside.
  3. Add garlic and onion then stir fry for 2 minutes in medium heat.
  4. Now bring heat to high then add French beans and carrots then continue to stir fry for 2 minutes.
  5. Still on high heat Add soy sauce and sugar, stir fry continuously until it dries out then add the 1/2 cup of stock from boiling the meat and stir fry for 1 more minute.
  6. Season with freshly ground black pepper then serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice.

1. dregm says:

tnx.. i’ll try for our dinner today… i love to eat vegetables..

2. You have just inspired me for dinner tonight, thank you.
    🙂 Mandy

3. Tita Beng says:

Easy to make yet healthy and yummy!

4. kiwidutch says:

Raymund, Do you KNOW how many of your recipes I have in my “to-do” list? LOL … yes this is now another one 🙂
    It looks fabulous, Thanks!!!

5. Simple and nice side dish for us to be paired with rice. Just that I need to replace the pork maybe with prawns for my home cooking.

6. Very appealing stir fried dish. A must try =)

7. ceciliag says:

I love stir fries too, especially when the veges are hot and crunchy! Looks yum! c

When we were in Hawaii a few weeks ago there was pork belly on the menu at this one restaurant. I instantly thought of you and ordered it! It was out of this world delicious. 🙂 This stir fry looks pretty good as well.

9. Nice to meet you Raymund…thanks to Paola! I learn a new word today, ang sarap. 🙂

Can’t live without stir-fries. I make a stir-fry almost every day. Yours look delicious and I am sure it must be very tasty with a bowl of steamed rice.

10. YUUUUM! Love pork belly and with the green beans and carrots perhaps I can fool myself that I am eating healthy then.

11. Mmmm pork belly, I’m going through a phase at the moment, can’t get enough and this looks simple and delicious! Yay to a whole week of stir fries!

12. meri says:

Mmm, looks simple but very good!

13. This looks so good! Adding to my to cook list… 🙂

14. I always enjoy meat + veggie dishes like this. It’s perfect for week night dinner and best way to make sure we eat balanced food!

15. Purely.. Kay says:

Here is another dish I can’t wait to make. Raymund you have provided me with great dishes for the weekend 🙂