Sweet and Sour Cucumber Salad
With some of the Philippine grilled or fried meat and seafood dishes a side dish like this recipe will be a good pair, the sour and sweet taste of this salad gives a good balance of flavours which evens out the oily and sometimes salty dish. So if you are planning to have some of those dishes give this a try and if you do not fancy this you can also try this other sour salad side dishes like atchara and ensaladang talong, trust me it will definitely liven up what you are eating.
- 2 Medium Telegraph Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 5 chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl mix together vinegar, chillies, sugar, salt sesame oil, and freshly ground black pepper
- Add cucumbers into the bowl and mix to coat evenly with the vinegar sauce.
- Place in bowl then serve.