Peaches and Cream Cheese Muffin

Peaches and Cream Cheese Muffin

Peaches and Cream Cheese muffin is a type of muffin flavoured with peach and filled with a soft and warm cream cheese in the middle, this one of my favourite muffin variety. I still remember my first time trying this muffin variety and it was here in New Zealand, it was so unforgettable as every bite was delicious specially the middle part where it is creamy and warm, too bad the one I had don’t have enough of that cream cheese goodness. So after that day I made sure I will buy the ingredients at the supermarket before I go home so that I can make one with lots of cream cheese in the middle.

Peaches and Cream Cheese Muffin

• ½ cup sour cream
  • 1 small tub apricot yoghurt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp zest of lemon
  • cream cheese
  • confectioners’ sugar
  1. In a large bowl beat butter and caster sugar together until fluffy.
  2. Add eggs, vanilla, sour cream and yoghurt.
  3. Stir lemon zest and peaches.
  4. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt then stir mixture gently with the butter egg mixture to combine.
  5. Place into a greased muffin pan then place a heaping tablespoon of cream cheese in the centre. Sprinkle some caster sugar on top.
  6. Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
  7. Sprinkle confectioners’ sugar on top then serve.

1. You with top down shot? I love it!!! This looks like one of baker’s site. 😉 Beautiful recipe and photography. It’s a perfect breakfast. =)

2. i will make this! i will make this!

thanks for sharing!

3. I like this so much Raymund, its perfect looking and I can try baking this simple recipe you have shared, beautiful with peaches and cheese pairing,

4. Wow, these looks incredible and I agree with Nami, the photo is beautiful.
    🙂 Mandy

5. peasepudding says:

Very unusual to see a sweet dish :0) they sound delicious and you have done a fabulous job of that photograph

6. I have never tried this muffin, sounds different and very delicious. And excellent professional looking photo

7. Jay says:

awwwwwwwwwwwwesome…

A well-deserved award awaits you at my page please pick it up.
    Tasty Appetite

8. kiwidutch says:

I never would have thought that cream cheese could go inside a muffin, but it appears to work fabulously!
    I’m saving the recipe so that I can try these out when I’m mobile again because they look delicious and I’m super curious to find out what these taste like. 🙂

These look amazing!!! I’m definitely making these. Look at those peach slices on top of the muffin. Beautiful!!

10. Karen says:

The muffins look beautiful and must be so good tasting. I can’t wait to try them. It’s nice to use canned peaches when fresh ones are out of season here in New England.

11. Even though I’m allergic to peaches.. don’t think I won’t be making this recipe. I love these peaches and cream muffins.. Amazing

12. wok with ray says:

Hey, hey, hey, Raymund! Nice photography my friend and the props, and color coordination — I am liking them! Great job! 🙂

13. Peaches and cream: is there really any cozier combination? Somehow it speaks of innocence and summertime and old-fashioned goodness no matter how it’s presented. And this is a sweet way of bringing them together, indeed. 🙂

14. Meri says:

Mmmm these almost look more like cupcakes than muffins! I can actually do this too, since its quick bread 🙂

15. Stefanie says:

Wonderful idea… these look so good! I love peaches and cream, and sounds even better in muffin form 🙂

16. Guia Obsum says:

Drooooool!! This looks so gorgeous and good. I’m now just trying to imagine its wonderful taste by looking at those photos. BTW, done voting for you for the Starbucks coffee contest, hope you win! 🙂

17. Betty says:

Beautiful muffins! I love peaches and cream, and these muffins look better to me than any cupcake I’ve seen. 🙂

cream cheese. i haven’t heard of that before. going to check it out in our local grocery..

Oh my gosh…these look amazing! Bookmarked because I have to make these soon, I love cream cheese.

20. elaine says:

yum ^_^ my first cream cheese peach muffins, thank you 🙂

21. Mara says:

how small is a small tub of yoghurt? in teaspoons, if possible 😀

1. May 8, 2012

[…] Foodie blogger Raymund  posted his recipe version here: http://angsarap.net/2011/11/22/peaches-and-cream-cheese-muffin/ and while, ok his uses  peaches and this is the apricot version the principle is almost […]

2. August 19, 2014

[…] is inspired by my Peaches and Cream Cheese muffins and Blueberry muffins where I combined the idea of a having a filling at the same time giving it […]

3. September 30, 2015

[…] is the secret weapon here and like my Peaches and Cream muffins the surprise only shows after you have the first bite and it is so satisfying. I got this idea when […]