Beef in Black Pepper Sauce

Beef in Black Pepper Sauce

I remember the first time I tried this dish I was a bit scared as you can visually see the amount of black pepper used in the dish, just by looking at it I can imagine the how the taste would be. But after that first taste I was surprised as it tasted differently than I expected it still taste peppery though. When I tried this dish I was with a Malaysian-Chinese friend of mine and I asked on what’s the reason behind the dish? Why some of the Chinese dishes like this and pork intestines pepper soup uses a lot of black pepper, the answer was it is good for your intestines and digestion.

That indeed was true! That’s why its ancient Sanskrit name “maricha” means ”that which destroys toxins”. In fact pepper is used in medicine for aiding in digestion and in curing the common cold. So what are its other benefits? Studies say that it can aid in the following: Cough, hysteria, diarrhoea, indigestion, colds, and painful joints to name some.

So if you have one of those aliments try this recipe, it might aid you in relieving those pains away. Do you know of a wonderful dish that not just acts as a meal but aids you in some ailments? I know there is a lot especially in Asian cuisine.

600g Beef fillet, sliced thinly
1 onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1 large green capsicum, sliced
4 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp Chinese wine
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup water
peanut oil

1. Marinate beef in 2 tbsp light soy sauce, Chinese wine, Worcestershire sauce, corn flour, 1/2 tbsp black pepper and baking soda for at least 2 hours.
  2. Using a wok in high heat add peanut oil and toss in the beef and brown on all sides, this will take roughly 1 minute in a really hot wok.
  3. Add garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
  4. Add in the onions, remaining black pepper and green capsicums and stir fry for 2 more minutes
  5. Add water and remaining light soy sauce then season with salt if needed.

1. I love pepper sauce steak and yours looks incredible!
    🙂 Mandy

2. Oh my wife has a cold and it’s way too hot for soup! Great recipe.

3. Mary says:

Your beef dish is a visual stunner. I’ll have to try the recipe because of the photo. It looks wonderful. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary

4. Cherrey says:

this seems really delicious! I might try this.. I do tend to put a lot of pepper..

5. Meri says:

good to know- I love black pepper!

6. I do agree the photograph of this dish is excellent and makes the recipe that much more appetizing. Beef is good and your recipe sounds delicious, definitely worth trying.

7. A popular dish at Malaysia and plenty of my friends love it although you know, being Hindu, beef cannot. Of course, chicken can be a great substitute for this.

8. Oh this dish puts me in the mind of beef and broccoli for some strange reason and I am drooling on myself right now as we speak lol. I love this and have to make it.

9. hi, i write the recipes about asian food, too. i enjoy to be here. nice blog, hope you visit my blog to0 at indonesianfoods-recipes

10. Tracie says:

Made this last night for friends and it was delicious! Do you mind if I post it on my recipe archive? Ediblelove.blogspot.com, with credit to you, of course. Thank you!

11. Kirsten says:

Oh dear, what happens if I marinade in all the black pepper?… I guess I’ll find out in just over two hours!

• Raymund says:

I think that should be OK

• Kirsten says:

I’ll remember next time! It is a bit more spicy than I am used to – and I do love my pepper! So easy to make and so tasty. Will definitely be making this instead of being charged a fortune at my local takeaway. Thanks!

1. August 19, 2011

[…] Main: a kinda tapas of Chicken nuggety bites with tomato & basil/caribbean curry seasoning, Thai Salmon Fishcakes, beef with black pepper sauce […]

2. August 22, 2011

[…] combinations here and most of them are popular Chinese stir fry combination like Beef and Ginger, Beef in Black Pepper Sauce, Beef and Broccoli and lots more. How about you do you have a favourite easy stir fry […]