Pistacio and White Chocolate Chip Mini Cakes
I was waiting for some baked goodies last week which was expected from my wife (at least once a week) but to my surprise I did not find any large baking pans around (like I used to lying) but instead there are these snack sized Pistacio and White Chocolate Buns where my daughter was starting to top it with crushed pistacios, she said it is getting ready for its pictorial. So I took some images before I can even taste it otherwise I get slapped in the hand for not following her instructions to take a photos of it first, I was salivating already while taking the photos, so after some clicks the taste test begins and it was freshly baked and really good, its a good variation from the old and usual cupcakes recipes, the flavours are mild and not overpowering yet you still enjoy that nutty hint of pistacios and creamy white chocolate.
110g unsalted butter, diced
110g caster sugar
zest of 1 orange, grated
2 eggs, yolks separated
75 ml milk
140 plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
50g, pistachio nuts, chopped
25g white chocolate chips
75g apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Cream the butter and sugar using mixer until thouroughly mixed.
- Now add orange zest, egg yolks and milk until evenly mixed. Then place in a large bowl.
- Now fold the flour and baking powder into the mixture.
- Add salt, 25g of pistacios and chocolate chips.
- Now beat the egg whites until still like meringue then fold this into the mixture.
- Now using a piping bag or spoon, place in paper cake holder until 2/3 full and place on a small muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool.
- Once warm, brush the top of the mini cakes with jam and sprinkle ground pistacios.